The key towards giving an impeccable dinner party is serving the best main course recipe. If you want to impress your friends and guests, if you want them to really have a great time and keep on talking about how delicious your menus are, then, it’s really important to consider serving the yummiest, healthiest and most mouth-watering cuisines to catch not only their tummy, but also their heart. It’s not enough to serve just any other main course. It also has to blend with the type of event that you are hosting, the preferences of your guests, and of course, the nutritive values of the food. And if healthy options are what you’re looking for, we have some of the best choices for you. Read on and find out our top main course picks to impress your guests and give them a true gastronomic adventure that they don’t want to miss.
- 14-ounce firm tofu
- 3 tbsp cooking oil (vegetable or olive oil would do great)
- thinly sliced onion (the more, the better)
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder
- Salt and ground pepper
- Minced garlic
- 1/2 – 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of fresh green beans
- Thinly-sliced tomatoes
- Slice the tofu into square cubes. Then, halve each in a diagonal pattern and should look like a triangle. Prepare the baking pan and line it with paper towel. Layer tofu on a baking sheet, then cover with three more layers. Cover tofus with another baking sheet and place a weight on top. Wait until tofus are completely drained. You’ll know this when towels are completely wet. This shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes.
- Prepare a nonstick skillet then heat it with a tablespoon of cooking oil. It would be best if you use olive oil or butter. When oil becomes hot enough, cook tofu. Wait until one side is cooked golden-brown before you do the same to the other side. Remove tofu from the skillet then set the stove to medium heat. Sauté onion then cooked curry powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Wait until onion is soft enough before you add the garlic. Adjust the heat to medium-low then add coconut milk and half a cup of water. Wait until the mixture simmers down before you add tofu, green beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for another 4 minutes, until tofu is tender.
Chickpea, Cherry Tomato, and Feta Salad
- ½ cup canned chickpeas
- Half cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- A pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste
Drain chickpeas then place in a large bowl and mix with tomatoes, feta, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and a pinch of pepper.
Grilled Oyster Shooters
- 8 fresh oysters in shells
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 5 tbsp WOrcestershire sauce
- Preheat the grill and make sure it’s set in high heat. Then, put oysters on the grill and cook until the shells open up. The oyster is cooked once juice sizzles out. Set the oyster aside.
- Pry the top shell. Slip a knife between the oyster and shell to disconnect. Mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of hot pepper and salt then top the mixture on the oyster. Serve while this hot and sizzling.
Author’s bio: This guest post is written by Manilyn Moreno. She is the Online Marketing and Content Manager for Better Cater. Better Cater provides comprehensive software for catering to caterers and catering business owners.
|http://penneylesscoupons.com – “jc penneyless” coupon site|